Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (103)

Paradise by Jill S. Alexander
Paisley Tillery is the drummer for a country rock band. If they can make it to the stage at the Texapalooza music fest, then Paisley will be closer to her dream of a career in music and a ticket out of her small Texas town.

Drumming and music are what Paisley has always wanted. Until the band gets a new lead singer, the boy from Paradise, Texas. With Paradise in her life, what Paisley wants, and what she needs, complicate her dreams coming true.
I adored Jill Alexander's first novel, a sweet and unfortunately little-known book called The Sweetheart of Prosper County. It reminded me of the Catherine Gilbert Murdock's Dairy Queen books, which are some of my favorites. I can't wait to read her upcoming book, to see if it has the same small-town, country-girl charm as her first one did.

No real fan of that WTF cover though.

Paradise will be published in hardcover by Feiwel & Friends on July 5, 2011. 

And just because I can, have a look at the hardcover vs. paperback covers for The Sweetheart of Prosper County:


Which do you like more? I think I still love the idiosyncracy of the hardcover. It makes me giggle every time I look at it. The paperback's...okay, but doesn't capture the quirkiness of the book for me.

4 comments:

  1. I like the rooster cover for Sweetheart. But I'm glad you mentioned this book, because I'd never heard of it. Having read some of it on Amazon, I will definitely read this book. It sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) It's really difficult for me to not insta-buy if someone says a book is like Dairy Queen. I definitely need to read Sweetheart.

    2) Love the first Sweetheart cover. Cos, well, it reminds me of DQ. Totally weird but lovable.

    3) Gah. Paradise is totally a WTF cover. GET. A. ROOM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got The Sweetheart of Prosper County, well, I got it at the beginning of the way as a Birthday pressie.

    I'm reading it pretty soon, I love both covers, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover for Paradise doesn't really seem to have anything to do with the actual description which is sort of a shame, but I'd still be interested to see how well the story has been written. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...